Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Special Present For You.

Alright, ya'll. I have something crazy, awesome, cool, new for you today. Something...I've...n e v e r...done...(insert dramatic, movie-phone like voice here). 

Today is my first sponsor post!! I know, I feel like I'm growing up! If you're ready, I'd like to introduce you to a really cool chick:



Alright, so this is Kirsten over at My Life Tinted Pink! I've really enjoyed following her blog because she speaks to a side of me not a lot of people know! I, too, have a love for beautifully bound books, Cary Grant, Europe and, especially, An Affair To Remember. Take is away, Kirsten!

How Adorable is She?!


Dear Everyone,
I’m Kirsten (pronounced Kersten).  Yes, like the American Girl Doll.  I entered the blogging world two and a half years ago and love it!  My corner is titled mylifetintedpink.  The name came about because my mom always said I see the world through pink-tinted glasses (as opposed to rose-colored glasses). And, despite my desire to deny how much I like the color, I find myself frequently attracted to it in different styles and accessories. 

Thanks to Freya for asking me to guest post.  I was thrilled when she asked, so here I am.
I am a dual citizen of the United States and the United Kingdom.  As a result of my English father (and my American mother who has English inclinations), I love tea with milk, but no sugar, and marmite on my toast with eggs. 

Old movies are my favourite, especially Casablanca and White Christmas.  Cary Grant and Humphrey Bogart are two of the best actors, ever.  I own all the seasons of I Love Lucy (can you tell I like old things?).  I have a thing for books, especially beautifully bound ones.  England is full of old books shops and charity shops.  I had to order myself to not purchase any when I returned to England from Germany (I wouldn’t have had any room for them).  Louisa May Alcott was a brilliant writer.  I recommend reading some of her short stories.  They touch on topics that are hot even today. Jane Austen is amazing.  Unfortunately, I’ve only read one of her books (but, I’ve seen several of the movies…which cause me to realize how important it is to read and then watch).  I am passionate about tennis (watching tennis grand slam tournaments with me is like a football fan watching the superbowl---I do like football, though).

Strawberries at Wimbledon 2010.

          Have any of you seen Downton Abbey?  If not, make it a priority to see the first two seasons in preparation for the third season premiering in the US in January!

          If you haven’t caught on yet, I love Europe.  In fact, my plan is to move there in the spring (hopefully!).  But, for the time being , I am living in Virginia.  Graduating from college with a degree in Humanities is not the same as graduating with a teaching degree, meaning, it is difficult to find a job.  So, England, Germany, France, who knows!  Well, I know God knows.  I keep wanting to know the next step, but I am there, the place where He wants me.  When it is time for me to know where I am going next, He will show me.  For now, I will keep knocking on doors and see what opens!

The Wye Valley in Wales.

          All of these things and more are what I discuss on my blog.  So, I hope you will come over and become regular visitors!  Also, for those interested in sponsorships, I currently do button swaps.  Feel free to email me if you are interested! mylifetintedpink@gmail.com

Most Sincerely,
Kirsten

P.S.  I love pink champagne.  Ever since I saw An Affair to Remember when I was…oh 14 or so, I have loved the idea of it.  This summer, after I turned 21, I finally tasted it!

My first bottle of pink champagne, courtesy of my aunt.


Thank you Kirsten for stopping by! 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!!! I love pink champagne too!!!:)
    Xo
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete