Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall Week: Fall Beverages

Alright, so I kicked off Fall Week with some awesome memories but now it's time to move onto one of my favorite things about fall: Hot Beverages!

Pumpkin...mmmmm
Growing up on the West Coast, Starbucks was the hub of all things Fall for me. I loved going to Starbucks to study or to meet friends. The smells inside were warm and the music was always jazz or holiday tunes. I loved sitting inside and looking out at the bustling world. Memories of Thanksgiving shopping. pumpkins springing up everywhere and seeing kids with their new backpacks come flooding back when I smell a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. One of my favorite things on this planet. 

Cocoa.

In a close second to the Pumpkin Spice Latte is a warm mug of hot cocoa. Who doesn't like cocoa?! Now, as an adult, I enjoy my cocoa with a little splash of something more adult, like Bailey's or Kahlua. Nothing says Fall like curling up at night with my sweety, a blanket and a cup of cocoa watching the leaves fall off the trees.

English Breakfast Tea.

Second place is a tie. Both cocoa and English Breakfast Tea make the list. While I also love Earl Grey tea, I prefer the taste of English Breakfast the best. It will always remind me of my family, of being home and of being warm. Even when I drink it in the summer, I'm always thinking of family, home and fall.

Hot Apple Cider.

Lastly, hot apple cider makes the list. Honestly, I prefer the smell of apple cider to the flavor but I know a lot of people love this warm beverage so I put it on my list. There's something so soothing about the hot apple taste mixed with cinnamon and sweet. I think it's growing on me.

What Fall beverages didn't make my list? What are your favorites? 


3 comments:

  1. Excepting the first, which I don't think I loved, the rest are all on the top with me (except, I prefer Twining Earl Grey)!

    Starbucks Hot Chocolate (especially peppermint) is my all-time favourite.

    I am going to show this to a friend who has been RAVING about her excitement that Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back.

    Have you tried Starbucks Apple Spice?
    Delish!

    -Kirsten
    mylifetintedpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made my firs fall trip to Starbucks yet! I've been thinking about it, as it's a very rainy, dull day here in Toronto. I'll def add Apple Spice to my list!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I cant wait for the weather to get a little bit chillier here in the bahamas so I can truly enjoy a mug of hot cocoa! my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete