Friday, September 21, 2012

Good News!

It's Friday! It's the end of the work week and for me the internship work week. I'm excited to share this morning that yesterday, I got a job!! 

Source.

If you are unfamiliar with moving to Canada, but you need a job to stay in the country. When I crossed the boarder back in July, they gave me till December in the country. If I didn't find a job before then, I would have to leave. So talk about pressure. I was also putting personal pressure on myself because I wanted to be able to contribute to my relationship and take some stress away from Jacob, who's been supporting me for a few months.

You can imagine my excitement when I got the e-mail yesterday that I start on Tuesday! I am the new receptionist at the Annex Dance Studio in Toronto. I have a background in dance and love everything that comes with it. I mostly excited because it'll be good hours for me and it'll help me break from the endless waitressing cycle. 

But there is one potential problem. My internship is potentially in danger. Potentially. 

As of right now, I work Monday through Friday 9-5 at my internship. With this new job, I'll need to leave my internship at 2:30 in order to arrive on time for my 3:30 start time. I talked with my assistant editor yesterday about it, mostly because I wasn't too sure how to approach the subject being still really new at the office. 

Of course, I'm really nervous going to work this morning because we're suppose to all talk about what's going to happen. So I'm in this weird mood this morning; excited because I finally have a job and worried because something that I really love is about to be in jeopardy. 

I just hope I can work something out with them. Maybe extending my internship past three months to make up the time, working on side projects, staying late on the days I don't work or coming in early. 

So keep me in your thoughts this morning as I head into work. Ah! I'm so nervous!

::THIS JUST IN: I talked with my editors and they are totally okay with the job. I just have to take a shorter lunch. WEE!:: 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations honey! You going to do great, brst of luck this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I'm so excited and still nervous....waiting for my editors to get here!!!

      Delete
  2. I bet you'll really enjoy working there and find a way to make it work. It looks like your doing more and more of what you love.

    ReplyDelete