Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday Drink: Mint Blues

Back in June, Jake and I spent a super awesome weekend in New York. We first attented Governor's Ball, a weekend long music festival, where we spent way too much time in the sun and way too much time partying. 

On that Sunday, we attended a brunch at Hotel ChantelleIt was a lovely brunch, with amazing cocktails, yummy food and a good atmosphere.
It was here that I had one amazing tasting summer beverage, that now I think of it, I could make it now! While it sounds simple, it tastes amazing. I'm sure your imagination could lead to a few different varieties too!

Mint Blues: Bacardi Light Rum, fresh mint and blueberries. Muddled and shaken with some ice.

Yes, that's it! Well, thinking back, I'm sure there was a splash of Sprite or soda water or something because it was bubbly. But the mint and the blueberries was just what I needed that day to sooth my summer sun burn.
Want to mix it up? Add raspberries, strawberries or peaches. Add a splash of champagne or a different flavor of rum. What about pineapple? 




Now, who could use one of these this afternoon?! 


1 comment:

  1. Yum, that sounds so refreshing! And you are right, the recipe is so versatile :)

    ReplyDelete