Thursday, December 6, 2012

Nike+

Running.
Over the past month or so, I have set a goal to run 3 miles in 30 minutes by December 17th (the date in which I return home to Oregon). I started running a few weeks ago and was doing pretty good, until last week when my energy plumited and I chose to sleep in as much as I could to get through the last week of my hectic schedule.

But now, with 10 days left before I return to Oregon, I only have so long to get my butt into gear and reach my goal! I only have experience running indoors on a tredmill so far but am interested in finding my way into the great outdoors!!

So I'm out gathering information now:
If you are a runner, which do you prefer? Indoors or outdoors? I've heard outdoors is hard but I just get so bored in the gym and it's gets so hot, too!

I also just downloaded Nike+ Running app and am pretty excited to use it! For Christmas, I've asked for new running gear. I'm currently running in oversized t-shirts and yoga pants. I think that if I get some proper running pants and a better sports bra, I'll get more into it. You know, once you put money into something you feel like you have to use it all the time. That's exactly how I am!

On that note, does anyone have any running gear recommendations? I was just going to go ahead and get some Nike gear when I can afford it but if there's a brand out there that I don't know, it'd be nice to hear about it!!

1 comment:

  1. I love running outdoors! It's just more freeing if that makes sense :) Goodluck! You'll get to 30 minutes xoxo

    ReplyDelete