Sunday, March 17, 2013

Daily-O Paleo: Week Three Recap

And week three came to an end while we move into the final home stretch.

Last week went a little smoother. I had the week off so cooking wasn't an issue. But I did fail to get into a swing of prep. I've started making double portions for dinner so we have a quick lunch. 

We've almost cooked our way through a whole paleo cookbook, Well Fed: Recipes for People Who Love to Eat. It's been my favorite paleo book so far. Really good recipes!!

You'll find some of the recipes I made last week here. I highly recommend the Rogan Josh, it is really fantastic! 

I think I've been getting a better idea of how to cook without guidelines. I find that I need cookbooks, however, to find inspiration. I've been learning a lot about spices as well. My new favorite is curry powder and cumin. 

Recipe coming soon!
Instead of keeping a list of all the meals I've made, I'm going to post them to my recipe page. So if you are interested in trying anything out, just check there from time to time. I posted a recipe today for Paleo Pancakes, which are super yummy! 

As for myself, my body, things are slowly getting better. My headaches are gone and I've been sleeping better. I did, however, slip up twice this week. Maybe two and a half times. On Thursday, I ate one chocolate chip. Just a single chocolate chip. I was purchasing carob chips for a grain-free, nut-free, dairy-free snack bar and they were so tempting! 

I slipped again last night, in which I am paying dearly for and completely regret. I drank beer. 4 of them. It was a huge mistake. I feel like shit today. I also had a bite of a pita at 3 in the morning.

Phew! I feel better now that I got that out.

As for my 90 Days of Fitness, I'm doing pretty well. I worked out Monday-Friday but didn't yesterday. While my head is killing me and all I want to do is sleep, I think I will force myself to at least walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Some exercise is better then none, right?!

This will be the last week of our 30 day challenge. I'm actually surprised how easy that was. I think Jake and I are going to make it a staple in our lives. I enjoy eating this way. I do miss carbs, especially pizza. And cheese. But I think that I've been feeling good as a result of this. I honestly don't know if I will lose a ton of weight like I dream of. But I think it will help me feel better on the inside and that will reflect on my outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment