Saturday, March 2, 2013

Something to Miss.

Oh, Annex.
Last night was the Competitive Showcase for the studio where I work. I started there in September and soon realized just how awesome all these people are. From the students and their families to the teachers and faculty. It's weird to think, but I found a little home away from home. 

As I sit here getting ready to head back into the studio for Saturday classes, I kind of just got sad. I have a little over 4 months left here in Toronto and, after watching all the girls I've gotten accustomed to seeing every day and spending some quality time with the teachers (who I now consider my friends), I realize that I finally feel like I belong somewhere. That's a feel you don't get often when you move every year.

It's not a feeling that I can describe very well. It's like seeing a person you missed very much for the first time in a long time. It's like a relief. It's like sitting down after a really long day. It just feels so nice, that relief, that seeing someone you miss, that finally having people who you feel you belong with. I am very grateful that I have something from this year that I will remember forever and will always have with me. 

Company members getting ready for a half time show.
When I started on this journey, after a rough year in Connecticut, I was afraid that the rest would be the same. That I wouldn't feel like I belonged anywhere other then Oregon. That I wouldn't meet people who liked me or understood me or accepted me like my friends and family in Oregon. I think I was more afraid that I would come away from all of this without any really good connections or memories. But now I have something good to move on with. 

I just hope that in a year, 5 years, maybe 10, that these people who have touched my life, can look back and remember me too. 

I'll miss Toronto, that's for sure.


1 comment:

  1. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is
    added I get four e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks a lot!


    Feel free to visit my blog post - xtreme fat loss diet

    ReplyDelete