Sunday, June 30, 2013

There's No Place Like Home.

Well, guys, I'm happy to say that I made it! I made it to Arkansas, made it through EDC and Vegas and am really enjoying my new life!

I will begin by admitting something...Arkansas isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I spent the past few months anxiously awaiting the time when I would see what Arkansas was really all about. I imagined this:


But so far, it's nothing like that!

I have been seriously surprised at the experiences I've had over the past 5 days. People are ridiculously friendly...I'm even going to say that they're nicer then Canadians! We did know a couple from Connecticut that moved down here about a year and a half ago and they've realy been awesome about introducing us to other young professionals, as well as showing us some sweet spots. 

Last night, Jake and I ventured into Fayetteville for the first time. Fayetteville is where we will be moving into when our apartment opens up on July 15th. I am so in love with the bar scene. It's a lot of college centered bars with cheap, good drinks and great atmospheres. There seems to be a bar for all types of people and most of them have really good patios. Our apartment is a 10-15 minute walk from the bar strip and I'm really looking forward to that. 

So I can say that I'm going to be really happy here. It seems that it's getting easier and easier to settle in, make friends and feel comfortable. I love and will miss Toronto and all the people that I spent my time with up there, but I'm really looking forward to Arkansas.

Welcome home, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment