Sunday, January 12, 2014

Living in a fictitious world

I just went to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and I'm not too sure where my head is at right now. There's just something so perfect in seeing everything you imagined come to life. I was not disappointed, at all. 


Seeing a movie like that just made real the part of my life that I spend in fictitious places. When I read, I read 90% fiction. I find something so relaxing and compelling with reading fiction. Some people say it's not worth much because you're not learning. But I think they're wrong. There's so much to learn from fiction.

I believe that people who read for fun and read fiction have a greater developed range of emotions and are more capable of experiencing empathy and understanding others. I find it very easy to relate to people, to see many sides of a story and to adapt to different situations with ease. I'm not saying all of that comes from just reading, but I think it's helps.

But with an addiction to reading comes the inevitable down fall: the fact that you cannot spend all your time reading...work certainly gets in the way. I would love so badly for my career or my life to revolve around reading. Is there a job were you just read for a living? Were my childhood dreams of becoming a librarian really actually worth something? Or am I slated to be a closet fiction addict my whole life?

Needless to say, all I want to do right now is curl up in bed with my Kindle and new stack of Christmas books and read my hours away. But, alas, I must away to do some laundry and be practical for the work week is upon us.

Besides, I need to catch up on American Horror Story: Coven this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment